- On September 5, 2017
You may have heard the news. The second annual Small Business Summit, Oct. 3/4, proudly presents an impressive line up of guest speakers including Keynote and Opening Night Speaker Nicole Verkindt, the newest “Dragon” on CBC’s Next Gen Den and Guest Speaker David Baldarelli, COO of Meridian Credit Union. These two speakers join a host of both global and local seminar and workshop leaders who will be offering their expertise during this seminal B2B event. Adding to the excitement on Opening Night, the Rotary Club of Bolton, the Town of Caledon, Metroland, and the SBS are sponsoring a number of awards honouring the achievements of members of our very own Caledon community.
Bolton Rotary is sponsoring the “Community Spirit Award” recognizing a community champion who positively contributes to the life and spirit of the Town. Nominations are now open at firstname.lastname@example.org and if you know an outstanding small business/community champion please take the time to submit your nomination soon. Once you’ve completed your nomination make sure you attend the “Sip’n’Savour” event with Nicole Verkindt to hear her talk and hear who won! All proceeds from the evening will benefit the “Girls Can Too” program.
Additionally, SBS is happy to share the news about three Town Of Caledon Business Awards also being presented during Opening Night festivities. These awards will recognize business achievement in three categories:
- Mayor’s Green Business Award – recognizing small business leaders’ contributions to protecting the environment.
- Mayor’s Business Ambassador Award – recognizing a Caledon business that advances Caledon “as a place to do business.”
- Mayor’s Leadership Award – celebrating innovation, leadership and significant contributions to the economic development of Caledon.
On behalf of Metroland, the Caledon Enterprise will be presenting their 2017 Reader’s Choice Awards in the following categories:
- Business of the Year Award
- Customer Experience Award
- Small Business of the Year Award
This year’s Small Business Summit Awards will be presented to the:
- The Millennial Entrepreneur Award – presented to an entrepreneur/small business who has utilized today’s technology to expand their business beyond our local borders.
- The Summit Entrepreneur Award – presented to an entrepreneur/small business who has grown their business beyond our local borders but remains a pillar in the community, and is proud to call Caledon home.
The Small Business Summit will be your point of access to new partnerships, creative business solutions and priceless global learning opportunities. Small Business Experts, Entrepreneurs, Webpreneurs, Millennials and Next Gen Den Fans – this show is for you!
Join us October 3rd and 4th, 2017 for the second annual Think Global. Source Local, Small Business Summit. Help us celebrate and applaud local business leaders and their achievements on Opening Night. Remember tickets for the Opening Night celebrations are $75/pp with all proceeds supporting “Girls Can Too.” Early Bird Pricing for the SBS show is just $30 online but ends September 8th – for all other information see below and visit our website at www.thesmallbusinesssummit.ca
Visit the 2017 Small Business Summit. It will be a game-changer.
Location: Caledon Community Complex – 6215 Old Church Rd, Caledon East, ON L7C 1J7
Business Awards Gala: Oct 3rd, 2017, 6 pm – 9 pm
Trade Show / Workshops: Oct 4th, 2017, 8 am – 5 pm
Ticket Prices:$30 online or $35 at the door and price includes all seminars and workshops.